Clean Power Plan
Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
In a separate but related action, EPA issued an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) to solicit information from the public about a potential future rulemaking to limit greenhouse gas emissions from existing electric utility generating units (EGUs), commonly called power plants.
The Clean Power Plan established emission guidelines for states to follow in limiting carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from existing power plants. EPA is proposing to repeal the CPP and rescind the accompanying legal memorandum.
- 02/01/18 - Listening Sessions Notice
- 11/02/17 - Public Hearing Notice
- 10/16/17 – Proposed Repeal
- 10/23/15 - Final Rule
- 10/30/14 – Notice of Data Availability
- 10/28/14 – Supplemental Proposal
- 06/18/14 – Proposed Rule
- Fact Sheet and RIA on Proposed Repeal of CPP
- Public Hearing Information on Proposed Repeal of CPP
- Listening Sessions Information on Proposed Repeal of CPP
Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.