After hosting 15 different Listening Sessions with 500 people across the country, and gathering innovative and groundbreaking solutions to major problems in water management, we put together seven policy briefs as part of the One Water for America Policy Framework. Accompanying the Policy Framework is a seven-part webinar series, which you can now register for!
Webinar 1 in the series is:
Advance Regional Collaboration on Water Management
January 17, 1:00pm - 2:00pm EST
One Water recognizes that if we tackle problems based on the complete life cycle of water and larger infrastructure systems - rather than limiting ourselves to one piece of the equation -- we can identify and advance more effective and lasting solutions. Our current system of managing water is siloed across distinct municipalities, authorities, private businesses, and multiple regulatory agencies, all of which have narrow slices of authority over some aspect of water. This fragmentation weakens the overall system, and regional collaboration is key to the future of sustainable water management. Register now for this webinar.
Ted Henifin, General Manager, Hampton Roads Sanitation District
Darrin Polhemus, Deputy Director, California State Water Board
And our future webinars will be:
- January 31st - Accelerate agriculture-utility partnerships to improve water quality
- February 7th - Sustain adequate funding for responsible water infrastructure management
- February 21st - Blend public and private expertise and investment to address water infrastructure needs
- March 7th - Redefine affordability for the 21st century
- March 21st - Reduce lead risks, and embrace the mission of protecting public health
- April 4th - Accelerate technology adoption to build efficiency and improve water service
You can read the executive summary of the collection of big ideas, which together form the One Water for America Policy Framework, and we have also offered some early ideas of how you might use the release of the seven policy briefs to amplify your own work. As we conduct our webinars in 2018, please join us and use the Seven Big Ideas in your events, policies, and communications. Register for all seven of the webinars now here.
Together we can elevate water in the policy discussion at all levels. Let's make 2018 the year of water!